Saturday, September 21, 2024

SATURDAY, 14 SEPTEMBER 2024

Today was a training session with me, Jason, Duy, and Sam.

Sam's Recap:

Recap- BJJ at Dojo Compton consisted of Prof, myself, Duy and of course Jason. 

Pro tip, a little WD 40 on the forearms and upper arms applied before you roll doesn't hurt in your attempts to escape Jason's nasty reverse arm bars.

I want to begin my commentary by saying Prof did NOT submit me with a wrist lock, even if it looked like it.  He simultaneously applied an arm submission and a wrist lock at the same time. So it was viewers choice and I consciously did NOT submit to the wrist lock. I submitted to the other thing he was doing. 

Now that we have that out of the way. Prof dropped a fair bit of weight on Jason. I might have spurred him on with more talk of Jason telling me prof felt lighter. We enjoyed about six rolls apiece. Jason tried to separate my foot from my body in the last couple of seconds after I had tried to do the same thing to him. I am not proud of my escape which was kicking my feet up in the air like a little girl and shouting "noooo"! However, sometimes us white belts have to do white belt things, so don't hate.  Prof took us by the new digs and I am rethinking whether or not they will be receptive to a banner that says "Wolf Pack Fight Club where the first rule is tell everyone". Well, give it time. All and all another good day of BJJ. 

Tony (purple) = 4

Josh M. (blue-2) = 18

Duy (white-3) = 28

Sam (white-3) = 17

Eddie (white-1) = 27

Chad (white-1) = 24

Brady (white-1) = 3 

Caleb (white) = 6

Abner (white) = 6

No comments:

Post a Comment