Saturday, September 7, 2024

SATURDAY, 7 SEPTEMBER 2024

Today's class was just an open mat for me, Jason, Sam, and Brady.  We had a total of 15, five-minute rounds, with one person staying in for three rounds before cycling out.

Sam's Recap:

Recap- cuddling lessons consisted of myself, Prof, Jason and young Brady. 

We got in, I think, 5-6 rounds apiece. I lose track when I am being pummeled. 

Arm bars and reverse wrist locks (hat in the wide, world of sports is a reverse wrist lock anyway) were the order of the day. 

Prof shaved his arms so that any gripping we might do while hand fighting was effectively nullified. He became like a 250 lb slippery silverback gorilla with a bad attitude. And yes, he did have a bit of a tude when we got to the second time through the line up. 

Jason questioned whether or not he had lost weight. (Note to self, don't ever ask this question). 

What Jason was really saying was "Your pressure is not to be feared." Of course, Prof took it poorly and guess who got to roll with him next. He dropped a bit of weight on Jason and continued to drop weight when we rolled. I wanted to yell out "he said it, not me," like a nine year old trying to avoid punishment.

However, I couldn't gather any breath with the 250lb silverback on top of me. Thank you Jason. 
 
Brady and I were summarily pummeled and then Prof and Jason proceeded to give Brady a few cheat codes to use against me for the next time we roll. I didn't care for that either, but couldn't protest too much because the Dementor had not given me my soul back after extracting it in the last roll. 

I end with a quote from that award winning classic Dodgeball. "Necessary,..is drinking my own urine necessary, no, but it is sterile and I like the taste of it." 

I'm sure prof was thinking similar thoughts as he dropped weight on us today. 

All in all another good day of BJJ.

Tony (purple) = 4

Josh M. (blue-2) = 17

Duy (white-3) = 27

Sam (white-3) = 16

Eddie (white-1) = 27

Chad (white-1) = 24

Brady (white-1) = 2 

Caleb (white) = 6

Abner (white) = 5

No comments:

Post a Comment