Monday, May 20, 2024

MONDAY, 20 MAY 2024

Today's class had me, Sam, Eddie, and Chad.

The hip bump sweep, which I always call the "Rickson sweep" since he was the first I saw perform it, was covered in exhaustive detail and with numerous repetitions.  In case the opponent reacts, I also taught a response into Kimura.  Three, five minute, round robin rolls were provided (though Eddie and I rolled again).

Student recap:

Recap- I am exhausted. 🥱 three rolls today did the trick. We covered the hip bump and how to get someone into a shoulder lock if they crash on you as you are performing the hip bump sweep. Prof wrist locked me. I didn't care for that too much. He didn't care that I didn't care for it and did it anyway. Edward and I did positional sparring and I thought it went well. Prof dragged Edward across the mat to reposition him, a move we usually only do on young  Brady.  Brady is up to a 3 day suspension for unexcused absences. It was good to have Chad back and he didn't tune me up one single time today so that was nice. Prof employed a variety of submissions on Edward, I tried to distract him but it was to no avail.  Little recap on the Roman method of bleaching togas which WILL be on the blue belt test.  All and all another good day of BJJ. And I got to wear my new Gi.


****I now have an editor so I'm not sure if the unabridged recap will appear on the blog or a revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment