Friday, May 31, 2024

FRIDAY, 31 MAY 2024

Today's class had me, Duy, Sam, Eddie, and Chad.

We started with three minute kumikata warm-ups, switching partners twice.  We then reviewed o soto gari and introduced sasae tsurikomi ashi.  

We returned to the ground and reviewed the foot drag mount escapes before adding the foot drag to the mix.

In live action drilling, one person started in mount and the other was tasked with escaping in one minute. Top person was permitted to attempt submissions. Then, switch.  Each person was in top and bottom positions with the other three students, and even with rest time, the consensus is that the one minute escapes are taxing.  I had two, five-minute rounds with Chad and Eddie once Sam departed, and I started in disadvantageous positions to help my escapes and their retention skills.

Sam forgot his wedding band.  While an earlier recap alludes to penalties for leaving one's belt behind (pun intended), penalties for leaving the symbol of one's commitment to marriage have not yet been pondered. I may need to reference LAW to determine possible sanctions.

Student recap:

Recap- I am sitting in my office with the door shut and the light off and wanting to go to sleep. Today was rough. Somewhere between the Osoto gari refresher and Sasae.

I left my left big toe on the floor while attempting a move.  We learned another mount escape using our leg to either hold or lift the foot of our opponent. 

Chad farted on Eddie. Duy got a new Gi and we did situational sparring where in my final round Eddie threw me around like an inflatable ball in the shallow end of the pool. 

The sparring rounds were tough and now my head hurts and I left my wedding ring at AFR. Thankfully Prof is keeping it for me. If the AC would just go out on my car it would be a perfect day. Oh yeah that already happened. 

All in all though I do have to say it was another good day of BJJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment