Sunday, June 2, 2024

SATURDAY, 01 JUNE 2024

Before the regular class today, I trained with Jason at Casa de Compton.  We got in 10, five-minute rounds.

Today's class had me, Duy, Sam, Eddie, Chad, and Caleb.  I announced that, due to nearly an hour of rolling with Jason that any free rolls with me were likely to be less than cordial since, like Freddie Mercury, "I want to break free."

We started off standing with kumikata to warm up our hands.  We then focused on side control escapes, complete with a few rounds of positional escapes vs. a resisting opponent.  

Student recap:

Recap time- new techniques were taught, new techniques were tried . But, before we get into it , I would be remiss is I didn't mention that Edward recommended that we buy our wives Ginny and Ann gis for the purposes of collar grabs and keeping them off balance and yanking them around. I was shocked at this and didn't know what to think. 

Now that we have that out of the way, I joined select company today. I had prof in well earned side control again and wanted to try a new technique he taught us which is lifting our head to drop our weight on the opponent. I followed his instructions to the letter like the good Uke that I am and he slapped me.  So, my timing may have been a bit off as I was accused of synchronizing the weight drop as he was verbally explaining technique to the rest of the Ukes so that I could hear his voice change. 

Apparently, I joined Nicholas Nix as the second person to be slapped at AFR as he was slapped by Ethan a decade ago. So that basically makes me a black belt in my mind.  

Chad enlightened us on a squirrel tattoo design that sounded promising. Brady was out getting a tattoo which is another unexcused absence. Caleb learned to bridge which I can't say will be a good thing for me going forward. 

All in all another good day of BJJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment