Saturday, June 22, 2024

FRIDAY, 21 JUNE 2024

Today's class had me, Duy, Sam, Eddie, and Brady.

Today we covered four side control escapes and introduced another option but did not practice it in depth.

Sam's Recap:

Early recap- this will be two parts today. I will rely on young Brady to add any color needed since I had to leave early. 

The value of the under hook was established in our drilling today and branched off into several if/then scenarios. Very eye opening. I was pressed on time so I got one roll in with young Brady who was a handful. I dressed and while I was putting on my shoes I saw something I had not seen before. Prof.   took Duy's belt and used it as a lariat and roped it around his arm so it would be motionless as he took his back and submitted him. 

That clearly falls under the category of a DSB tactic. So at this point in our journey we can safely say that we have not been coddled as we have been introduced to leg locks, heel hooks, innumerable wrist locks, the bastard and now the lasso. 

All and all another good day of BJJ.

PS take it from here Brady.

Brady's Recap:

Brecap - The subsequent rolls were valuable and fun, one of which the penetrative properties of Eddie's appendages were mentioned. 

On the next, Duy got a successful Americana on me that put my frail, brittle arm out of commission for the day. 

It was also discussed that I would not win against a Komodo dragon, which I believe to be a fair assessment. 

All in all another good day of BJJ


Tony (purple) = 2

Duy (white-3) = 13

Sam (white-2) = 24

Eddie (white-1) = 16

Chad (white-1) = 8

Brady (white) = 17

Caleb (white) = 3

No comments:

Post a Comment