Saturday, June 22, 2024

SATURDAY, 22 JUNE 2024

I lifted this morning with Josh M. and he joined me and Jason in our BJJ training.  I got in a total of seven, five-minute rounds (four vs. Josh and three vs. Jason). It's good to have Josh back from Thailand.

Today's regular class had me, Duy, Sam, Chad, Brady, and Caleb. Butterfly guard passes were on the agenda, with four variations being practiced. I had three additional rounds, with one quite curious round beyond these occurring. 

I believed I was finished after my second round against Sam. I placed my belt back in my bag and sat in front of the fan. To my surprise, Sam invaded the sanctity of my bag, retrieved my belt, and then threw it to me, stating that he could not let our final round be the defining statement of his BJJ progress thus far. 

In short, he challenged a black belt of 12 years to a fight 😂. I may have neglected to set the timer. 

Sam: "How much time's left in this round?"

Me: "All of it."

(Credit goes to Cole Dobbins for the above imaginary interchange).

Sam's Recap:

Prof summed it up pretty well. It might not have been one of the better decisions I have made in my 55 trips around the sun.

However, at least I don't have to wonder what happens now when you challenge your Prof, and I can steer other ukes away from such things in the future.

Tony (purple) = 2

Josh M. (blue-2) = 1

Duy (white-3) = 14

Sam (white-2) = 25

Eddie (white-1) = 16

Chad (white-1) = 9

Brady (white) = 18

Caleb (white) = 4

No comments:

Post a Comment