Saturday, June 8, 2024

SATURDAY, 08 JUNE 2024

I trained with Jason prior to the noon class.  We got in nine, five-minute rounds in 90°-plus weather (today's high temperature was 98°).

Today's class had me, Sam, Caleb, and Brady.  I covered the lasso sweep and the introduction to the De La Riva guard, focusing on entry and control with one sweep being taught.  Caleb is nursing soreness from many rounds of golf, so he did not roll.  Sam and Brady got in two, five-minute rounds.  

Student recap.  

NOTE: We have our first multiple student recaps, which may help fill in gaps.

Recap time- Lasso guard and De La Riva sweeps and things that can naturally develop off of them were explored today.  

Caleb, Brady, Prof and I were there. Edward and Chad (this is starting to be a theme on Chad's vacation weeks) were missed. Light rolling afterwards. Yes, I know what you are thinking it was controlled and light to medium. 

The words of "restraint" and "earned" were also explained as well as the decriminalizing of certain moves that are supposed to be employed on colored belts only. 

In keeping with the idea of restraint, I will not use any creative license to describe other things that went on.  Funny, however, Prof was a little run down from rolling with Jason earlier and how whenever he is not involved in rolling, exotic techniques and dark arts are not the order of the day. Although, he did show us another one while drilling that when employed will explode someone's elbow. 

All in all, another good day of BJJ.

Additional student recap/retort:

I'd like to emend the recap.  Sam got a well earned Pearson choke on Prof and then an equally well earned Pearson choke on myself that made my hands feel like I was in the army ant scene of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. Also the fan was knocked over, which I believe was a result of Eddie, though that may be a statement of controversy to some.

First student response:

Ah, thanks for the assist.  

I had forgotten some details. How Eddie knocked over the fan again, I don't know, but it's undeniable that he did.  I did choke Prof today. Again, we will need to explore the concept of earning...


Tony (purple) = 2

Duy (white-3) = 9

Sam (white-2) = 18

Eddie (white-1) = 12

Chad (white-1) = 8

Brady (white) = 10

Caleb (white) = 3


No comments:

Post a Comment