Wednesday, June 5, 2024

WEDNESDAY, 05 JUNE 2024

Today's session was a no gi open mat.  Duy, Sam, and Eddie came in to train and get added time in, with everyone getting 6 or 7 five-minute rounds.

Sam fell victim to something Jason and I have been trying on each other with limited success. I may have positioned Eddie in front of the mirrors such that I could look at myself, or check on his level of distress, as I applied a RNC.

Tony (purple) = 2

Duy (white-3) = 9

Sam (white-2) = 16

Eddie (white-1) = 11

Chad (white-1) = 8

Brady (white) = 8

Caleb (white) = 2


Student recap:

Recap-Eddie hit me twice today; kind of surprising the tactics he employs at times. He hit my shoulder with his face as I was attempting to pass his guard and then he proceeded to hit my hand with his face the second time I tried to pass his guard. 

Everyone got in 6-7 rolls today and in general it was fun with a few exceptions. Prof apparently is trying to teach all of us (me) a good wrist lock defense game by employing them frequently. He also did something dirty to Eddie and hammed it up in the mirror with a mischievous grin and then he applied an "unknown" sub on me. He was "in his element".  All in all another good day of BJJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment