Saturday, June 15, 2024

FRIDAY, 14 JUNE 2024

Today's class had me, Duy, Sam, Eddie, and Brady.  We opened with a warm-up roll before Eddie arrived, which led to me reviewing a half-guard sweep in the actual class setting.

I reviewed the set-up and execution of the bread cutter choke and then two modifications based on opponent defenses.  In an open question session, Duy asked for another half-guard sweep, so we drilled that.

Sam had to leave before rolling, so he missed Eddie cause me to bleed with a head butt from inside of my guard.  

Student Recap:

Recap- Edward, Duy, young Brady and I were there today. Chad was not. Terms like aux were thrown around.  🤔 

The session started innocently enough with Prof having us do warm up rolls and drills followed.  Back to that in a moment. 

In a single conversation between drills, we covered Jake the Snake Roberts having a venom-less cobra and having it bite the Macho Man AND we defined exegesis. That might be one of the most enjoyable things about our cohort and I don't think you could find that anywhere else. 

Back to the BJJ, Prof observed my attempts at simulated murder during flow rolling and used the techniques I "misapplied" as drilling points. I of course predicted he would do that and obliged him by doing techniques that I have long since mastered, incorrectly, so that he would have some teaching points. 

Prof taught us three versions of the bread cutter/Pearson choke and a sweep from half guard when someone gets  an under hook.  

I also witnessed first hand one of the dirtier, I would even go as far as to say unnecessary, submissions I have ever seen Prof execute when he went from I think a bread cutter to an arm bar only to submit with a wrist lock. Or was it a double submission? I'm 🤔 not sure. Prof has a habit of drawing submissions out at times. It's like reading a Stephen King book and knowing a character is going to get killed but having to wait to see what implement the villain will choose to kill them with. I am very pleased with that description by the way. 

I feel like I am leaving out somethings so I want to crowd source and open it up to my fellow ukes at this point.  Anything I missed? 

Anyway, all and all another good day of BJJ.


Tony (purple) = 2

Duy (white-3) = 10

Sam (white-2) = 21

Eddie (white-1) = 14

Chad (white-1) = 8

Brady (white) = 14

Caleb (white) = 3

No comments:

Post a Comment