Sunday, May 26, 2024

SATURDAY, 25 MAY 2024

Prior to the regular noon class, I trained with Jason. We got in 12, five-minute rounds.  Eddie and his sons dropped by to watch two black belts train no gi.

Today's class had me, Tony, Duy, Sam, Eddie, Brady, and Eddie's sons.

We drilled arm bar from the guard, cross collar choke from the guard, back takes from opponent defenses to the cross collar choke, and then three kesa gatame escapes. I had each student get in the middle and escape from the other four attempting to hold kesa. Afterwards, three, five-minute rounds were provided.

Student recap:

Well I am home I have taken my two Advil. I have treated myself to a Whataburger combo upsized with a strawberry shake. I am now in my recliner thinking of all the things I committed to LAW I would do today and they seem pretty daunting right now. 

Today was a straight up beat down of a day IMHO. And I think there might have been a bit of strategy behind that. Remembering that Profs initials are DSB for good reason, he went to the well  again on headlock escapes and showed us a couple of throws from the ground. Then he had us do bull in the ring or monkey in the middle, one forgets.  That would have been a good stopping point for I think all of us. 

But then the timer was set for simulated murder and could this have had anything to do with the fact that he had participated in black on black crime to the tune of 12 rolls with Jason earlier and he wanted us to feel as bad as he did? If that was the strategy I would give him an A because it worked. 

There is a 50/50 chance that I might wake up in my recliner tomorrow morning having not moved an inch.  Line of the day goes to Tony for telling Duy mid roll, "oh no you don't get a bread cutter on me" or something to that effect. Also, good to see the whole Garner tribe, nice of Eddie to give Ginny a little respite from lawn duty. I am sure he has chores lined up for her when she gets home. 

All in all another good day of BJJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment