Tuesday, July 2, 2024

MONDAY, 1 JULY 2024

Today's class had me, Sam, and Brady.

We reviewed arm bar from guard, the pendulum sweep, and two mount escapes (foot drag and foot lift). I will need to review these again. I introduced the baseball bat choke from the guard and am happy with the progress.  We had a total of five, five-minute rounds today.

Sam's Recap:

Recap- great to get on the mats again. I had great aspirations to hold off prof as he was passing  my butterfly guard and even told him as much. Well we will come back to that later. 

Prof, Brady and I were there. We truly missed Duy, Chad and Edward. We worked on escapes from guard and sweeps and worked the baseball choke in. Lot of good stuff covered. 
I was excited about rolling and practicing butterfly guard.  I had even worked some things out in my head during my 16 hours of driving that would help me fend Prof off and hold him at bay. I was looking forward to him slapping the mat in disgust and saying, "I just can't get past you." 

Well reality set in during the first roll that me holding him off was not to be, so I settled on just trying to slow him down a bit and well....that didn't work out so well either. If I have to tell you how it ended each time he passed my guard then you have never read the recap before and I don't have time for you today.
  
In the end, I settled on the fact that I had just tried and figured out about 5-6 more things that don't work while rolling with Prof. 
Brady and I rolled a couple of times and the highlight of my day was Brady not succumbing to the humiliating submission known as the banana split. Prof had to settle on a wrist lock. I thought it was a moral victory for white belts everywhere. 

All and all another good day of BJJ.

Tony (purple) = 2

Josh M. (blue-2) = 3

Duy (white-3) = 16

Sam (white-2) = 29

Eddie (white-1) = 21

Chad (white-1) = 10

Brady (white) = 23

Caleb (white) = 4

No comments:

Post a Comment