Monday, July 15, 2024

SATURDAY, 13 JULY 2024

Today's class had me, Duy, Sam, Brady, and Caleb.

I demonstrated methods of guard retention and had the guys drill them without resistance.  Then, I had them do it live against each other for minutes on end.  They cycled through each other, so each person worked guard passes and retention on every person.

Sam's Recap:

Recap- Prof, Duy, Caleb and I were there at start time of class. The LB was very late. Not sure it should even be considered a report, but I digress. We missed Chad and Edward and Josh.

Discipline on the LB was conducted; he was informed that he would be serving nine month suspension from participating in the recap or as he would say "Brecap". I forgot my belt, just to go ahead and get that out there. 

Guard retention was the topic of the day. Why is it whenever guard retention is taught it is bitter sweet? We absolutely learned new things, but we paid dearly for that knowledge.  Two minute positional guard retention rolls were conducted and I believe we had four or five of them. Thinking I was done mentally I began thinking if I was up to mowing grass when I got home or not, when out of the corner of my eye, I spied a former D1 wrestler, current 3rd degree black belt and resident dirty, sneaky, bastard coming for me to fill out my dance card. Well, I don't have to tell you how that went.  

All and all another good day of BJJ.

Tony (purple) = 3

Josh M. (blue-2) = 8

Duy (white-3) = 18

Sam (white-2) = 37

Eddie (white-1) = 25

Chad (white-1) = 15

Brady (white) = 28

Caleb (white) = 5



No comments:

Post a Comment