Wednesday, July 24, 2024

MONDAY, 22 JULY 2024

Today's class had me, Sam, Eddie, Chad, and Brady.

The focus of class was side control escapes and tying together principles rather than techniques, though we did drill four different escapes.

Sam's Recap:

Recap- Prof, myself, Chad, Edward, and young Brady (he really didn't do anything today that would result in me calling him by his other name). 

Edward now has three gis, one of which belongs to Prof, and it finally occurred to me on the way home why he wanted it. He is going to tell everyone he was on Renzo Gracie's elite Jiu Jitsu team and then say, "But I really don't want to intimidate anyone at Gracie Barra, so I just brought my white belt to roll with tonight."

Speaking of Edward, we did guard passes during the free practice session and he passed my guard almost every time. I think I passed his once, and we were civil about it. 

Chad looked a bit worn out from the Saturday sort and what I was most proud of was that I exhibited extreme self control by being asked to hold Prof in side control without dropping my weight. 

Brady was late due to lumpy grits (NOTE: It was actually lumpy milk; edited by Kris).

All and all another good day of BJJ.

Tony (purple) = 3

Josh M. (blue-2) = 10

Duy (white-3) = 18

Sam (white-2) = 39

Eddie (white-1) = 26

Chad (white-1) = 17

Brady (white) = 30

Caleb (white) = 5


No comments:

Post a Comment