Friday, August 16, 2024

FRIDAY, 16 AUGUST 2024

Today's class had me, Sam, Duy, and Chad. LB is on vacation and took a trip to Philadelphia.

Sam arrived at 9:00 am and we did untimed flow rolls in order to advance Sam's butterfly guard and escapes.  Duy and Chad arrived at 10:00 am.  We reviewed the kazure kesa gatame escape and then focused attention on escaping from bottom half-guard. Obtaining back control and pulling full guard were the main goals. For a little variety, I added an attack from the top position to prevent the back take and showed, but did not have students drill, a knee bar transition.

Sam's Recap:

Recap- Prof, myself, Duy and Chad were all in attendance. We worked on getting out of Kesa Gatame. Prof and I had a couple of untimed rolls where he smashed me and repeatedly tried to wrist lock me, and I did get to wrist lock Duy as I was demonstrating a drill. I was happy about that after he crop dusted me a couple of weeks ago. All and all another good day of BJJ.

Chad's Addendum:

After you left, Prof taught Duy and me the "Michael Jackson Thriller Album" counter to someone attempting a half guard escape.... and introduction to a knee bar submission transition from that top counter.

https://youtu.be/4W6lHJqK4lw?si=ojBazsxu1gOFElAk

Tony (purple) = 4

Josh M. (blue-2) = 14

Duy (white-3) = 21

Sam (white-3) = 6

Eddie (white-1) = 27

Chad (white-1) = 20

Brady (white) = 34

Caleb (white) = 6

No comments:

Post a Comment