Saturday, July 14, 2012

CHARLES DOS ANJOS SEMINAR 7 JULY

My instructor, Charles Dos Anjos, made a trip up here to Orange Park for a seminar with Orange Park Wolfpack and Smiley's Combat Athletix.  A special thank you, again, to James Smiley, BJJ black belt and owner of Combat Athletix, for hosting my instructor for a second time.  James Smiley has provided a welcoming environment to me, my students, and my instructor, and I value his friendship and thank him for helping me in my BJJ journey.

I was actually sore after the seminar for two days.  We convered a lot of drills to assist with passing and holding guard from a standing position, and worked on three techniques from the half-guard (a weakness of mine).  16 people attended the seminar, so thank you to them.  I trust that everyone took something away since I, as a 4-stripe brown belt, took a couple of principles that will help my game.

Special thanks to Tony T., a Wolfpack BJJ black belt, for coming from Sarasota with Charles and rolling with me so I can see where I stand at this point in my development.

No comments:

Post a Comment