Sunday, November 25, 2012

FRIDAY TRAINING

FRIDAY, 23 NOVEMBER 2012

With Greg out of town and the UF-FSU game looming on the horizon on Saturday, I moved our practice time from Saturday to Friday afternoon.

All three blue belts (David S., Jason C., and Ethan E.) showed up.  Strangely, Jason C. beat me to the academy (I was on time, though).  This is strange simply because Mr. C. usually has difficulty being on time.  I guess we know that the 2012 apocalypse is close at hand when he starts coming to classes on time.

We went over a new leg drag guard pass that focuses on how to kill guard replacement attempts, and we focused on a couple of leg-lasso sweeps when the opponent is standing.  I started working on a method of slowing down the knee slide pass, but elected to wait until Wednesday since we had drilled the above techniques for over an hour.

In the end, I suppose it was worth it since UF fans got to witness a victory over FSU (37-26).

No comments:

Post a Comment