Wednesday, January 16, 2013

MY FIRST SEMINAR AS A BJJ PROFESSOR

SATURDAY, 12 JANUARY 2013

I taught my very first BJJ seminar on Saturday, 12 January for Matt Hobson's McCalla, AL class.  All in all, it was a good turnout, with people from as far away as Mississippi driving to attend.  I had gi and no-gi sessions, fielded questions, and had the opportunity to roll with Matt at the end of the seminar after everyone had left.  All in all, it was positive for my first time out, though I worry if I was too advanced or too elementary in what I taught.

In this first picture, I am working a set up to achieve De la Riva guard.


In the second picture, I have achieved De la Riva and am going over some finer details on opponent's arm placement for the sweep.


In the third picture, taken during the no gi session, I am providing Cole D. with my ideas on how to hold the seatbelt grip from the opponent's back so it is more secure and more difficult to escape from.

No comments:

Post a Comment