Thursday, September 17, 2015

FRIDAY, 11 SEPTEMBER (EVENING)

I traveled to Gainesville and met up with a couple of people I used to train with.

Dan Lowman, who came and visited me a few weeks ago when I taught in North Port at Nokido Jiu-Jitsu, has his own Filipino martial arts academy in Ft. Myers but was in town for the U.F. football game the following day.

Keith Gulledge has his own Tracy's kenpo academy in Gainesville at the Gainesville Dojo, and this was the second time in a few months that he and I have trained together.

The format was as a mixed seminar. Dan taught for about 40 minutes and focused on his strengths. I taught for about the same, focusing on simple head lock escapes on the ground. Keith then took over and focused on some techniques from the Tracy's curriculum, allowing me to choose what he taught from their technique name guide.

After the teaching session was over, Dan and I rolled on the ground for a few minutes. All in all, I had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment