Sunday, August 21, 2011

WHY ME?

Last Saturday (13 August), I sent Greg a text and asked him not to drive all the way out for judo since it appeared that it would be just me and Ethan. All others canceled or were out of town, and I'd not heard from Jason as of 5:20 pm. So, again, out of consideration, I did not want Greg to come all the way for just two of us.

This will never happen again.

Jason arrived at 5:25 pm, and the guy that kicked me in the shins back in June (I will call him "Muay Thai" Mike..or MTM) came in at 5:45 pm. I had to tell him four times that Greg was not coming.  I am not sure why he thought that I was lying to him. 

He actually chastised me for not knowing/caring about certain throws as a green belt; I had to smile and say that I can pull off the few throws I know and that Greg is the one who determines what I need to know at this point in my development.

Anyhow, during standing randori, which was supposed to consist only of foot sweeps, he did not thai-kick my shins this time (thank God). I achieved a very, very hard ko-soto-gake on MTM, and the response was him adding other ashi-waza techniques to our session without announcing, such as the well-recognized ashi-waza of tomoe nage and tani-otoshi. In both cases, I ended up in full mount on him.

After trying to get Jason to go standing with him (I would not allow it), MTM wanted some more on the ground. It was not hard. I quickly achieved back mount, prompting him to do a violent, alligator-esque death roll, and I went for a gi choke. He grabbed my fingers and pulled; I responded with the idea that it was illegal in judo to grab fingers. He insisted that it was legal, and so I permitted it and started putting chokes on his face. He bled all over my gi...again.

In addition, he almost had his arm broken by not tapping to my reverse armbar (in fact, he did not tap...I let go when he screamed and I was 2/3 extended), and he insisted that I did not have a choke when I was teaching him something NOT to do. I almost choked him unconscious then.

What the hell? He seems to be a nice man overall, but some of the things that he is doing are very...douchy.  It must be the judo brown belt thing.  I do not get the judo brown belt mentality towards BJJ guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment