Sunday, June 23, 2013

SATURDAY NIGHT BJJ AND JUDO

SATURDAY, 22 JUNE 2013

For BJJ class, it was me, Nick, Jason, and Kyle.  It was an open mat since everyone arrived after me and Kyle even had to return home. 

On the positive side, I was able to roll with a brown belt (Nick) with a love for footlocks.  I am proud to say that I only lost once to a footlock to him, while I achieved two footlocks (and an armbar!) of my own.  I learned a few set-ups that Nick is currently using, so hopefully we can continue to trade off and learn.

For judo, we had nine people on the mats.  The techniques of the night were o-soto-gari, o-soto- otoshi, and o-soto-garuma.  The crash pad helps immensely in the execution of these throws, though the repetitions are certainly prerequisite.  I also practiced approximately 100 o-soto-gari left-handed, with the idea that I will try to make my "goofy-side" as good as my normal side.

No comments:

Post a Comment