Sunday, June 16, 2013

SATURDAY NIGHT TRAINING AT AFR

SATURDAY, 15 JUNE 2013

For BJJ on Saturday night, it was just me and Jason.  I reintroduced Jason to the berimbolo and taught three options from there (sweep, back take, bump to mount).  He and I also free-rolled against each other for about 30 minutes as well, so it was a good workout and drilling session since I also got in the act with the berimbolo practice.

In judo, there were six of us available, including Sensei Berlin.  Since we now have the awesome crash pad, we used it like it was going out of style.  Jason and I worked diligently on o-uchi-gari and ko-uchi-gari since the pad makes these techniques much easier to learn.

In randori, I got to go against Greg and Mark(?).  While I achieved sasae-tsuri-komi-ashi a few times, Greg showed me how to make it more effective in the future.  I will have to practice the foot movements and placements now since, as usual, he is right about the mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment