Saturday, October 24, 2015

SATURDAY, 24 OCTOBER 2015

There were five people in today's class: me, Nick, Jason, John, and Ryan (or "Carl," as is now the inside joke). Tony decided that we are not cool enough and went to compete at the NAGA event in Jacksonville. I will update his results at the bottom of this entry when I receive them.

I went over six (6) half-guard sweeps in today's class. Two were review, two were utilizing methods we have learned from de la Riva guard, and the final two were new. We drilled these techniques for 90 minutes and rolled for 30 minutes. I practiced with Jason and Ryan, and we called it a day.

TONY'S UPDATE:

Tony took gold in the no-gi and silver in the gi at today's NAGA. He won both of his matches in the no-gi via submission (arm triangle & americana from kesa gatame following a great koshi garuma) and won via Ezekiel choke in one of his gi matches. GREAT job.

No comments:

Post a Comment