Thursday, May 12, 2016

HAMILTON, AL SEMINAR: SATURDAY, 7 MAY 2016

Jeremy Booth had me up to teach a seminar for his crew in Hamilton at Ideal Fitness, though several people from Cobra BJJ Tuscaloosa I had not met made the drive to attend the seminar. I must admit that it makes me feel great to know that those folks would base their training time and spend their money to drive that far on a Saturday morning for a 9 a.m. start time when they had never practiced with me before. It must mean that Cole D. and Meghan S. talked me up well (THANKS!).

The first hour consisted of several ways of doing the Americana and a couple of wrist locks. I then had everyone roll for 5 minutes.

The second hour was how to break the grips of opponents when you are threatening the arm bar and they have their hands clasped in a Gable grip. Again, I had everyone grapple for 5 minutes (Jeremy was my rolling buddy this time).

The third hour was takedowns. I taught the Russian series to double and single leg and showed Cole a rolling takedown from the Russian to arm lace.

In question-and-answer time, I showed Jeremy how to do a triangle choke (short legs are not an excuse anymore) and gave Meghan S. a new option when it comes to holding back control on someone. Roll time at the end was easily 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment