Sunday, November 22, 2015

21 NOVEMBER 2015: NICHOLAS NIX = BJJ BLACK BELT

21 NOVEMBER 2015

Today marks the day where I can say that I have trained someone from white belt all the way to black belt in BJJ. Nick was promoted by Charles Dos Anjos following a self-defense seminar that he, Ryan, Tony, and I attended.

So, the academy has two black belts (me and Nick), a purple belt (Jason), two blue belts (John and Ryan), and a white belt (Tony) currently in residence (Josh Moss is in Thailand at present, but he is, of course, a member of Wolfpack BJJ Orange Park). It will be a while before we have "rainbow belts" on the mat since we are without a brown belt.

Nonetheless, Nick's accomplishment in earning the BJJ black belt is top notch. As a BJJ black belt holder, I think it is the most difficult to earn, but I do not have any other martial arts black belts, so I am a bit biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment