Sunday, August 30, 2015

FRIDAY, 28 AUGUST 2015 IN SARASOTA

The five of us (me, Nick, Jason, John, and Tony M.) had a private lesson with Charles at 10:00 a.m. As an added bonus, my long-time friend Tony T., one of Charles' 1st degree black belts, came and joined us for the private lesson at Tony Spain's boxing gym (www.tonyspain.com), which is next door to Charles' academy. Tony and I rolled following the private lesson (after moving over to Charles' academy). It is nice to train with an experienced black belt in the sense that I have to keep everything in mind and "be serious" at all times. Following our roll, I taught one technique (modified smash pass) for the group class at 11:30 a.m. and Nick also taught a technique (De La RIva sweep). The other four guys rolled with Charles' students while Charles and I talked. It was a good time overall and I look forward to the next trip we take to Sarasota.

No comments:

Post a Comment